The “Powerpack AJ-xx” series of devices converts the position target of a hydraulic working piston into a rotary movement (max. 60 degrees) and is therefore used, for example, to adjust buterfly valves.
The Powerpack contains
- a storage tank for the hydraulic oil
- pressure monitoring units
- a hydraulic cylinder
- a hydraulic pump
Our AJ-Series powerpacks do not require external piping to the customer side. Depending on the required torque and rotation speed, we will also find the right device for you! Safety functions integrated in the device also allow safe operation in special situations.
Comparable to the AJ series, the positioning device of the EH series also converts an electrical signal into a rotary motion.
With the EH series, rotary movements from 0 to a maximum of 90 degrees can be converted.
Since the EH series positioning devices are supplied without a storage tank, the devices must be connected to a hydraulic power system that is provided by the customer.
Electromechanical cylinders as an alternative to our hydraulic actuators
As an alternative to our hydraulic actuators, we also use electromechanical cylinders with servo motors in various designs – adapted to the application and the available space.
Our electromechanical cylinders are designed for a maximum load which is about 2-3 times higher than the maximum nominal load in regular operation. This distinguishes us from other suppliers!
For electromechanical cylinders, we use solutions from renowned supplier who sell his products worldwide. You will certainly find them in your rolling mills
The advantages of our solution with electromechanical cylinders and servo motors:
- Can be used where hydraulic oils cannot be used (e.g. due to fire hazard, clean operation, energy consumption, environmental concerns)
- Nominal loads from 15kN to 65kN can be realized without problems
- Flexible mechanical solutions (strokes adapted to the task, mounting options, IP class, protective boots, use of brakes)
- Position detection integrated in servo motor (multiturn encoder)
- Simple integration of safety-relevant signals
- Servo drives with corresponding servo amplifiers are flexible and easy to program/set-up
- Modern servo amplifiers offer interfaces to numerous bus systems
- Are able to perform tasks autonomously without higher-level control systems
- Servo motors are predestined for use in high-precision, highly dynamic and safety-critical applications
- Servo drives are thermally very hard-wearing, the standstill torque is constantly available in the servo motor